50 Lakh MSMEs Have Registered on Udayam portal. Enroll your business today.
What’s the News:
Udyam is the Indian government’s portal for small businesses. Using the Aadhaar number, MSMEs can register their enterprises on this portal.
On 28 September 2021, the Udyam Registration portal has crossed 50 lakh registrations. With 47 lakh micro-units and 2.7 lakh small businesses, the paperless portal provides MSMEs with permanent registration numbers and a certificate post-registration.Read about it here
Here are the advantages to registering on Udyam portal:
- It is zero-cost, no fee, free registration.
- Helps government to have data on the number of MSMEs, using which new beneficial policies can be structured.
- Gives MSMEs certificates and QR codes with which information about the business can be accessed. This helps businesses become eligible for loan schemes, get interest subsidies, and benefit from tax exemptions.
- Get government support to recover delayed payments and access to government trade portals.
- Get discounted IPR (intellectual property rights) registration fees.
- Get special preferences for tender allocation and other benefits within SEZs (special economic zones).
What you need to register on the Udyam portal:
You will need the business owner or the applicant’s Aadhar Card, and a PAN number. You can register one business against each PAN card.
How can you register?
- Visit the official website to register: https://udyamregistration.gov.in/.
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar of the applicant and complete verification process.
- Provide the name of the owner as mentioned in the Aadhaar card.
- Provide the applicant’s social category (general, SC, ST, other backward castes etc.).
- Provide the name of the enterprise (fill the name by which you want your business to be known).
- Select the type of organization (private, public, LLP, partnership, trust etc.).
- Verify your PAN details.
- Enter the location of the businesses.
- Enter the address of the business.
- Add the date on which the business was started.
- Enter details of bank account of the company, including IFSC code and bank account number.
- Select your major business activity - manufacturing, service etc.
- Enter your total employee size.
- Enter your GST details (you can leave this out if your business is not registered under GST).
- Enter any amount of money you’ve invested in the business.
Finish the application process and submit the data to immediately print the Udyam Registration Certificate!
What can you do after registering on Udayam?
Now that your business is registered on Udayam portal, why not take an extra step and take it online?
With banks accepting digital transaction records, having an online business just became all the more important to MSMEs. MarketCentral can help by providing a zero-cost, no fee online business portal. Registering on MarketCentral helps businesses set up their own free website, access billing solutions and network with other businesses.
MarketCentral will bring you interesting business stories and Small Business news every week through ViewPoint. Let us know what you think about this article at email@example.com. For more, you can follow our social media handles below: