8 Effective Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Website
You have made an online website for your small business. Nurture it to make it profitable for you! In this week’s Viewpoint, we discuss how to improve traffic for your website.
Getting more customers, reaching more locations, and improving your sales all depend on traffic. In your offline store, you will increase traffic by making your shop look more attractive, by running sales, or by doing local marketing. But how will you increase traffic to your online store?
Here are some ideas.
- Have good descriptions: Give detailed descriptions of your products, your company, and your business activity. Make sure to fill in the ‘About Us’ forms. Let your customer know who you are, and why your business’s products are the best.
- Make sure to do SEO: SEO or search engine optimization, is what helps customers discover your website on search engines like Google. Make good use of keywords that describe your business and make sure your website is mobile-friendly. You can do both these things by choosing a website provider that understands the importance of these things, such as MarketCentral. Read more about SEO here.
- Try social media : Have you created your Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn pages? Many customers discover products and services on social media. Most social media services have special marketing toolkits for small businesses. You can post on Facebook communities or create Instagram hashtags for your business. Read more about social media e-commerce here.
- Make use of local marketing: You can use your offline store to boost your sales on your online store! Let your customers know about your website and social media by using QR codes or printing the information on your business cards. More repeat customers find it convenient to shop online these days, so this can increase your revenue!
- Send email marketing campaigns: Don’t let your customers forget about you! Send new product releases, offers, or vouchers to them through emails. Sending bulk emails to customers is now easy through MarketCentral’s dashboard. Emails will keep your customers coming back to your online website!
- Create a product showcase: Every few months, make sure that your website highlights your bestselling products. Your top services or products should be displayed in sliders or at the top of your page— just like how you make sure to show your best products in the front of your store! This will attract more purchases and lead to customers spending more time on your website to discover all your products.
- Get active in online communities: Facebook pages, association forums, and other such online communities are wonderful places to promote your website. Make sure to send your website information to your industry WhatsApp groups, post about it on the pages where your customers are, and add it to your profile on Facebook.
- Use your data: The best companies in the world use data to power their success. Look carefully at who is visiting your website, at what time, and what they are buying. Then use this information to create sales, vouchers, or email campaigns. Just like you know what your bestseller is at your offline store, and who buys it, you should know this for your online store as well. At MarketCentral, our analytics dashboard can give you all this information at your fingertips.
Keep nurturing your online business to grow and get more customers. We can help! You can get your MarketCentral website at zero-cost, and have a fully built, SEO-friendly, mobile-responsive website in less than an hour. Register Now to discover more.
MarketCentral will bring you interesting business stories and Small Business news every week through ViewPoint. Let us know what you think about this article at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more, you can follow our social media handles below: