Who all are liable to enroll?
Existing taxpayers are liable to enroll under GST system portal. An existing taxpayer is an entity registered with any of the authorities;
- Central Excise
- Service Tax
- State sales tax/VAT (except exclusive liquor dealers)
- Entry tax
- Luxury Tax
- Entertainment tax
Further enrollment here means validating the data of existing taxpayers and filing up the remaining key fields.
Which is the final date of enrollment?
For rest of India, the dates have also been announced. The table is as follows:
|STATES||START DATE||END DATE|
|Gujrat, Maharashtra, Goa, Daman and Diu, Dadra Nagar Haveli, Chhattisgarh||14/11/2016||29/11/2016|
|Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram||30/11/2016||15/12/2016|
|Uttar Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Delhi, Chandigarh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan||16/12/2016||31/12/2016|
|Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh||01/01/2017||15/01/2017|
|Service Tax Registrants||01/01/2017||31/01/2017|
|Delta All Registrants (All Groups)||01/02/2017||20/03/2017|
Procedure for enrollment under GST System Portal
#Point 1 - Paperless procedure: The whole system of enrollment will be paperless; hence, no hard copies shall be entertained by the department. Further, all the aforesaid registered taxpayers will need to visit the GST system portal.
Further, it is mandatory for every person to register if the annual turnover is more than Rs 20 lakh, the exemption limit.
#Point 2 - Provisional ID and password: Before visiting the GST system portal, you must have the provisional ID and password given to you by your concerned state authorities.
In Goa, all the registered taxpayers will have to visit the government office between November 9 and November 11, 2016, to collect sealed envelope containing the provisional ID and password.
The provisional ID format is here as under: Hence, contact your ward officer to complete the online pre-registration under GST.
#Point 3 - Documents and information required: To complete the registration procedure, you must have the following information:
- Provisional ID as explained in point 2.
- Password as explained in point 2.
- Valid email address (it should not be off professional - Use your own email ID)
- Valid mobile number
- Bank account number
- IFSC code
Further, also carry the following documents which needs to be uploaded on the website:
- Proof of constitution of business:
- In case of partnership deed - partnership deed (PDF or JPEG in maximum file size of 1 MB).
- In case of others: registration certification of the business entity (PDF and JPEG format in maximum file size of 1 MB).
- Photograph of promoters/partners/Karta of HUF (JPEG format in maximum file size of 100 KB).
- Proof of appointment of authorised signatory (PDF and JPEG format in maximum size of 1 MB).
- Photograph of authorised signatory (JPEG format in maximum file size of 100 KB).
- Opening page of passbook/statement containing the following information:
- Bank account number
- Address of branch
- Address of account holder
- Few transaction details
(PDF and JPEG format in maximum file size of 1 MB).
#Point 4 - Fill information and submit: After you submit the form with all the information and documents, an acknowledgement number will be generated. Save that number for future correspondences.
1. What to do in case I have not received the ID and password?
2. Who can be primary authorised signatory?
A primary authorised signatory is the person who is primarily responsible to perform action on the GST System Portal on behalf of the taxpayer. All communication from the GST System Portal relating to taxpayer will be sent to him.
For example, in case of proprietor, the proprietor himself or any person authorised by him; in case of partnership, any of the partner authorised or any person authorised; in case of Company/LLP, Society, Trust, the person who is authorised by Board or Governing Body, etc., can act as primary authorised signatory. A copy of authorisation needs to be uploaded.
3. Which details are prefilled in the enrolment application for enrolling with GST?
Following details are auto-populated in the enrolment application based on your existing data:
- PAN of the business
- PLegal name of the business
- PReason of liability to obtain registration
- P Email and mobile number
Can I make changes in in my legal name, state name and PAN in the enrolment application?
You cannot make changes to legal name, state name and PAN as appearing in the enrolment application. These details have been migrated from existing tax systems of State or Center, as the case may be.
GST is now a reality and it is far more complex and stringent when it comes to compliance. Enrollment is only a procedural aspect; however, the real game will begin from April 1, 2017. I would recommend all the existing taxpayers or the newcomers to prepare for GST. The penalties concerning it could cost you few lakh even for a small mistake.
For more details on GST click on FAQS